PROJECT / INTERNSHIP / DISSERTATION
Project / Internship
This comprises a short term projects, to learn the techniques based on its application in a chosen topic/area. It will also give a clear idea about the full strength of the project. Students may also work on the new Sample/Protocol if interested, which may leads to the paper/poster presentation in various conferences. CytoGene faculty will always insist & help to the students to present their work in conferences.
CytoGene will also allow to students to continue the project work in to the academic or extensive research project based on the student’s interest.
Those students’s who has a good command on the techniques would be very much benefitted with this program.
Who can do ?
Students pursuing in any stream of Life Science (B.Sc., B.Tech., M.Sc. and M.Tech.) are eligible for this program
Students who have the basic knowledge of tools and techniques of biotechnology/life science lab and experience of handling the Instruments can take the next step from basic to advance level of research. This would help you to take the first step from being a fresher towards being a researcher. Project/Internship will also help you to establish a base for upcoming career after the final year.
Why to choose Mini Project over module training ?
Those students who have learned the techniques earlier will get module which might have some techniques they already know. To avoid this overlapping, students can select this mini project program (30, 45 & 60 Days) as it will allow them to learn how to conceptualize the idea into research. Here they could use all the skills/techniques already known to them into fruitful product. Thus giving them in-depth knowledge of the technique.
Why to choose Project / Internship ?
Students who have enough time to do a major project of 3, 4 or 6 months and interested to learn the entire research methodology, may opt for Project/Internship. It is the miniaturized version of long term projects. It includes all the steps involved in major project and that to in the same format.
Literature study on the selected topic
This includes a thorough background study related to the area of interest of the student. This helps the student to gain basic knowledge on the topic.
A layout of the entire work in the form of synopsis is prepared by the student under the guidance of the faculty. Synopsis is then presented by the student in the form of presentation to the guide and other faculty members. If accepted and approved by the faculty, the student can move to next step or make the suggested modifications.
Sample Collection & Lab work
Student has to collect the samples from the location as mentioned in their synopsis. This is the major step of the program. Student has to complete his/her entire lab work under the guidance of the faculty. No work will be done by the faculty, student has to perform the entire work by themselves.
Data Management and result analysis
All the results obtained during the work must be managed in very organised form and complete its analysis.
Review of complete work (Presentation)
A review (presentation) of the complete work followed by the viva voice is done for every student individually.
A compilation of entire work in the form of thesis is prepared by every student. All the steps will be performed by the students under constant guidance of faculty
Internship @ CytoGene
Registration Fee: ₹ 500/- (Common for all)
Duration: 45 Day's
Fee: ₹ 12,000/-
Duration: 2 Month
Fee: ₹ 15,000/-
Duration: 3 Month
Fee: ₹ 20,000/-
Duration: 4 Month
Fee: ₹ 24,000/-
Duration: 6 Month
Fee: ₹ 30,000/-
List of Tentative Titles
(You can choose any title for your project. Please note that final title will be slightly different to make it unique)
1) DNA Barcoding – An Intergenic Species Diversification of Lower Animal
2) Multiplex PCR Technique – A Method for Rapid Identification of Human Pathogenic Vibrio Species in Fresh Water and Marine Water System
3) Study to evaluate effect of Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria on the growth of plants under pot conditions and assessment of Genomic Island isolated bacterial species
4) Profiling of the Phytochemical compound of Madhuca longifolia by LC-MS and its anticancer activity
5) Green synthesis of nanoparticles, characterisation by SEM and study of anti-cancerous and antimicrobial activity
6) Expression of Metallothionein as a marker in response to various Stress Factors in Plant leaves and other parts
7) Molecular Dynamics Simulation and Molecular docking studies on Plant-based active Compounds Against HIV-1 NEF protein
8) In-silico study to explore active components against toxin protein of SARS-CoV2 by Molecular simulations
9) Quality assessment of Probiotic dairy beverages and toxin detection by using ELISA techniques.
10) Proximate analysis, microbial profiling and Cytotoxicity study of food supplements
11) Screening of C677T Polymorphism of MTHFR Genes on Rheumatoid
Arthritis: A Case Control Study on North Indian Population
12) Polymorphic Study of LIMD1 Gene to understand it role in Oral Cancer